We all know dogs are incredible company and maybe the best most loyal friends we could ask for. But what else did you know about your pet? Keep on reading to find out some curious facts about dogs!
10 CURIOUS FACTS ABOUT DOGS! DID YOU KNOW…?
1. If you leave your dog a piece of clothing that smells like you, the scent will comfort him, lowering his anxiety levels, especially if you are far away.
2. Dogs have wet noses because it helps to absorb scent chemicals.
3. Ever wondered this? The reason dogs curl up is because of an age-old instinct to keep themselves warm and to protect vital organs while they sleep.
4. You can lower your blood pressure just by petting your dog, as well as lower your anxiety and fear.
5. When dogs poop, they prefer to do it in alignment with the Earth’s magnetic field.
6. Dogs’ sense of smell is 10,000 times stronger than humans’. They can hear about 4 times the distance a human hears and can recognize more than 150 words.
7. In a study done by scholars at the University of California, it was found that dogs can get jealous if they see their humans displaying affection toward something or someone else.
8. Dogs don’t ONLY see in black and white — they can also see blue and yellow!
9. When your dog spins in a circle before settling down to snuggle, it’s because he’s making himself at home! This is a nesting trait carried down from your dog’s wilder ancestors.
10. Dogs can be trained to detect changes in the human body — there are even seizure alert dogs that assist patients during the onset of a seizure. There are also diabetic alert dogs who signal their human when they pick up on the special scent that is released when their human’s insulin levels drop.